Scrumptious and spicy this shrimp fra diavolo dish is a wonderful mixture of spicy and sweet.
PREP TIME: 10 min|COOK TIME: 20 min|TOTAL TIME: 30 min|SERVES: 4
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 12 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 table spoon of butter
- 1lb of linguine
- 1/2 lb of medium sized shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped thinly, for garnish
- (Optional) 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper for extra spice!
1. Follow instructions on your box of linguine and prepare.
2. As you wait for your water to boil, dice your onions, shallot, and garlic cloves. Put half of your olive oil in a deep frying pan on medium and allow them to cook for 4 or 5 minutes.
3. Add your crushed tomatoes, white wine, oregano, and parsley. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
4. While that cooks place your shrimp in a large Sautee pan and the other half of your olive oil, sprinkle with your red pepper, *(OPTIONAL) cayanne pepper if you really want an extra kick* and your ground black pepper. Cook through for about 2 minutes and add that in addition to the butter to your sauce.
5. Prepare the linguine, mix with the shrimp and sauce, garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!