This picture doesn’t do them justice because I prepared them to be put in the freezer. However these are the best taquitos EVER. Perhaps I am bias because I have a special place in my heart for taquitos but if you’re looking to try any recipe this should be it. If you don’t like it I am personally encouraging you to share and bash me on your social media because I know you will not regret making these! Aside from the flavor factor to tickle my connesiuer of cuisines fancy, these are toddler approved by my own little picky eater and I hope you can too share in the glorious moment your toddler eats these and unknowingly ENJOYS eating spinach! YES! #momwin #victoryismine
You have not lived until you’ve tried these so without further ado…
PREP TIME: 35 min|COOK TIME: 10 min|TOTAL TIME: 45 min|SERVES: 5 (4 per person)
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of spinach
- 1 and 1/2 cups Mexican mixed cheese
- 1 cup of pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 cups of salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon of cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 packages of medium flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Slice your 3 chicken breasts in half and season with chili powder. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. While your chicken cooks, thinly chop your spinach.
4. Place your spinach in a bowl and mix in your garlic powder, pepper, cilantro, salsa, sour cream, cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, and Mexican mixed cheese.
5. Once your chicken breasts are cooked use a fork or knife to pull them apart into shreds and combine with your mixture.
6. Lay out your tortilla, place the complete blend on it, roll it up and continue this until they’re all filled.
7. Place on cooking sheet, drizzle olive oil on top, and cook for 10 min at 420.
Now if you’re making ahead like I sometimes like to do because these are fantastic to have on hand, just place in a freezer safe zip lock bag and store away for whenever you’d like within a 2 week period and enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!