I think by now you may have concluded that I have a taste for the spicier things in life. You can add this to my list of spicy and delicious concoctions. I present to you both the turkey burger and jalapeño popper- reinvented into one heavenly fusion of flavors.
PREP TIME:10 min|COOKING TIME:18 min|TOTAL TIME: 28 min|Serves: 3 (2 per person)
- 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 cup of mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of jalapenos (jarred or fresh, diced)
- 1, 24 oz container of ground turkey
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
*If you have never handled fresh jalapenos and choose to do so for this recipe, be sure to hold the pepper by its stem while slicing it. I would prefer if you wore gloves but if that is not an option, do not touch the pepper and rub your eyes. You’re welcome.*
1. Preheat your oven to 400
2. Mix your cream cheese, sour cream, mild cheddar cheese, and jalapenos together.
3. Take a small handful of your ground turkey and flatten it in your hand.
3. Take a heaping tablespoon of your combination and place it in the center.
4. Fold over the sides of your ground turkey to cover the mixture. If you don’t have enough in your hand, simply add more ground turkey. Be sure to keep the layer of turkey thin. This is what also helps it to cook faster.
5. Place on baking sheet, drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top of them and bake for 15 minutes. Broil for 3 minutes and Viola!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!