PREP TIME: 10 min|COOKING TIME: 40 min| TOTAL TIME: 50 min|SERVES: 4
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 table spoons of butter
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 lb of penne pasta
- Grated parmesan to your liking for garnish
1. In a Sautee pan in medium heat add oil, butter, garlic, and shallots. Cook for 5 minutes
2. Add vodka and allow the alcohol to cook out for 10 min on medium heat
3. Add your tomatoes by crushing them in your hand over the pan and tossing them in.
4. Add your seasonings, half of your basil, heavy cream and cook on medium for 20 min stirring as needed.
5. Put up your pot of water to cook your pasta as the instructions tell you to on the box
6. Turn off your stove top and place pan on an off/cold burner. Allow to cool and thicken for 5 minutes, stir and serve your sauce over your pasta and garnish with the rest of the fresh basil and parmesan.
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!