The heat from the pepperoncini and sweetness from the red bell pepper, accompanied by the lemony butter marinade paired with the shrimp, creates a delectable combination of flavors that make for a lovely appetizer or side dish. Not to mention the fantastic aroma that will take over your home. A personal favorite in my home and will definitely be one in yours as well!
PREP TIME: 30 min|COOKING TIME: 25 minutes|TOTAL TIME: 55 min|SERVES: 4
- One lemon, cut in half and one half sliced
- 1/2 lb of shrimp peeled and deveined tail off
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of pepperoncinis, sliced
- 1 table spoon of extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of white wine
1. Place your sautee pan over medium heat. Put your olive oil along with your red bell pepper, pepperoncinis and sliced lemon in.
2. While they simmer dip your shrimp in the flour then the egg then into the flour again. Put your butter and white wine into the sautee pan then add the shrimp.
3. Allow to cook over medium/hot heat. Allow the shrimp to cook for 5 minutes so the side facing down will become golden brown.
The batter will try to stick to the pan so make sure you scrape the pan when lifting the shrimp so most of it doesn’t break (sometimes it will happen so don’t beat yourself up it will still be delish)
4. Flip over and allow the other side to cook for 5 minutes so you have a lightly crisped coat on each side of your shrimp. Then Viola, time to enjoy :)!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!