PREP TIME: 5 minutes|COOKING TIME: 25 min|TOTAL TIME: 30 min|SERVES: 4
- 24 oz 1.5 lb ground turkey
- 10.5 oz can of black beans
- 10.5 oz can kidney beans
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 tortillas
- 2 table spoons of taco seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro to garnish
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 2-3 cups of Mexican mix cheese
1. Put your olive oil, ground turkey, taco seasoning, cumin, and onion in a Sautee pan and allow the ground turkey to cook all the way through on high heat stirring as frequently.
2. Add your beans, sour cream, and salsa. Stir for 5 minutes then add your corn. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Prepare your baking dish, put a large tortilla at the bottom. Then use a ladle to add half of your mixture to the dish. Use 1 or 1 and a half cups at your discretion of the Mexican cheese mix as a layer on top of your mixture. Lay down another tortilla on top of that and repeat the previous step.
4. Place prepared baking dish into the oven. Allow to cook until the cheese is melted. Then put on broil for 3 minutes if you like your cheese bubbly.
5. Take out your dish, top with diced tomatoes and cilantro and Viola! You have a devilishly delicious dish. Enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!