A delicious concoction with a variety of flavors that harmonize together to create a delightful meal.
PREP TIME: 15 min *at least 2hrs marinating*|COOK TIME: 33 min|TOTAL TIME: 48 min|SERVES: 4
- 2 chicken breasts filleted
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1lb of red potatoes (I only peel half of them)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pepper to taste
- 16 asparagus
- 3 table spoons of brown sugar
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Filet chicken and add fresh garlic, half of your olive oil, half of your balsamic, 2 table spoons of your brown sugar, a teaspoon of pepper to zip lock bag and place in your fridge for 2 hours.
2. About a half hour before you take out your chicken, put up a pot of water with your potatoes (cut into four quarters) on high.
3. Preheat your oven to 400. While it heats up, in a Sautee pan add the other half of your olive oil and your mushrooms. Cook on high stirring consistently for about 10 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, remaining balsamic, beef bullion cube, 1 cup of water, 2 teaspoons of pepper, and brown sugar. Put on medium heat allow to simmer.
3. Put your chicken in the oven for 20 minutes. While your chicken cooks strain and mash your potatoes. Add heavy cream, pepper, salt, parsley, garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon of butter.
4. After your chicken has cooked for ten minutes also place asparagus drizzled in olive oil in the oven, on a baking sheet, next to your chicken. Flip the chicken.
5. Start preparing your dishes, place your mashed potatoes on the bottom, add one slice of provolone, take out the asparagus and place on top of provolone. (fresh out of the 400 degree oven will melt the provolone)
6. Place your shredded mozzarella on top of your chicken. Put on broil for about 3 minutes until it’s melted and bubbly.
7. Take your chicken out and place on top of the asparagus. Top with your mushroom gravy and Viola!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!