A staple in our home. This dish was inspired by an entree I had at a local restaurant. I actually made a youtube video making it 2 years ago however I’ve changed it up a little bit since then. A savoury combination of ingredients that make for an ambrosial and toothsome entree.
PREP TIME: 10 min|COOKING TIME: 50 min| TOTAL TIME: 1 hour| SERVES: 4
- 1lb of mini rigatoni
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 table spoon of oregano
- 1 table spoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 table spoon of parsley
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 1 table spoon of fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup of jalapeno peppers
- 2 spicy and 3 sweet italian sausage links
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of water
1. In a large Sautee pan add your olive oil, garlic, and onion. Cook for 10 minutes on high while consistently stirring.
2. Squeeze your sausage links out of the casing and cut up into small bite size pieces. Allow to cook through. Another 10 minutes on high consistently stirring and cutting into tiny pieces.
3. Once your italian sausage is cooked through lower your heat to medium add your red wine, tomatoes, seasonings, 1/2 cup of water and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Stir.
4. Prep your rigatoni by following the boxed instructions.
5. Allow your mixture to cook 30 min while occasionally stirring.
6. Prepare plates by putting your rigatoni in a bowl or on a plate, mixing in your sauce mixture, jalapenos, and serve! I hope you guys enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!