A splendid combination of flavors that makes for a delicious and satisfying meal. Shout out to cafe delights who put me on to this recipe. I put my own twist on it but it originated at least to the best of my knowledge from them, so thank you!
PREP TIME: 10 min| COOKING TIME: 40 min|TOTAL TIME:50 min|SERVES: 4
- 3 sweet potatoes sliced in half horizontally
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper diced small
- 1/2 orange bell pepper diced small
- 1/2 green bell pepper diced small
- 1 spanish onion diced small
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 table spoon of chili powder
- 1, 15oz can of black beans
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of cilantro
- 1 cup of Mexican mixed cheese
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tsp of himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts filleted
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of salsa
- Cilantro for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350. Place your sweet potatoes in on a baking sheet face up. Sprinkle your cumin on top and drizzle 2 table spoons of olive oil over the top.
2. While that bakes in the oven prepare your peppers, onion, garlic, and chicken.
3. Season your chicken with salt, pepper, and chilli powder.
4.In a Sautee pan put high heat and add the rest of your olive oil.
5. Place your chicken in the pan, allow to cook then flip and slice. Continue until all of your chicken is sliced and cooked. If it looks black in some spots I promise it’s still delish! Add your peppers, onion, and garlic. All to cook. And mix with your chicken.
6. As that cooks take out your sweet potato and gut them leaving the shell. Transfer guts into a bowl.
7. Add your black beans to your sautee pan mixture. Allow them to cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
8. Add your sweet potato guts to the sautee pan and stir. Fill your sweet potato bowls with the stuffing in your sautee pan.
9. Put your cheese on top. Place in the oven on broil for 3 minutes.
10. Take out your stuffed sweet potatoes. Top with salsa, sour cream, avocado, a sprinkle of cilantro, squeeze some fresh lime on top and dig in!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!