PREP TIME: 10 min|COOKING TIME: 26 min|TOTAL TIME: 36 min|SERVES: 4
For the Chicken
- 2 Chicken breasts, halved, then sliced in half again but not all the way through (leaving you with 4 pieces of chicken)
- A quarter of a lb of deli Ham
- A quarter of a lb of Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
For the Parmesan Gravy
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 crushed chicken bullion cube
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400. Take your chicken breasts and stuff with a layer of sliced ham then swiss then ham again. (My sliced Swiss was large so I ripped them in half and used one slice for 2 separate layers) Repeat until all of your chicken breasts are stuffed.
2. Put your flour in one bowl, bread Crumbs in a separate bowl, and beaten eggs in a 3rd bowl.
3. Take your stuffed chicken breasts, coat with flour, then dip in your egg, and finally cover with your bread crumbs.
4. Place chicken on baking sheet and pour your olive oil over your chicken breasts and place in the oven to cook for 24 minutes. Flip half way through cooking so both sides get crispy and golden.
5. While your chicken cooks take a medium saucepan pan and melt your butter over medium heat. Add all of your ingredients and mix consistently. After a few minutes it will thicken. And allow to simmer as you stir.
6. Once your chicken is done cooking serve with your preferred side dish and drizzle your gravy on top with a sprinkle of parsley. Enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!