A harmonious dish teeming with flavor!
PREP TIME: 5 min|COOKING TIME: 1 hour|TOTAL TIME: 1 hr and 5 min|SERVES: 4
- 2 1/2 cups of brown rice
- 3 spicy and 3 mild sausages (6 total)
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- I usually make this dish when I have left over peppers from the different things I make. So I used 1/4 of a red, green, yellow, and orange pepper. However you could simply use-
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tblsp garlic powder
- 2 tblsp oregano
- 2 tblsp freshly ground himalayan salt
- 2 tblsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tblsp parsley
- Put up a pot a water on high and add your rice.
- In a Sautee pan put your olive oil, peppers, onions, and garlic. Allow to cook until soft for about 15 min on medium heat.
- Put your rice on medium heat. When the water is absorbed add your seasonings and stir.
- Turn your heat up to high/medium. Add your italian sausage and allow to brown all around. Once they’re browned, take a fork and knife and slice them into thick little Frisbees. LOL. The best analogy I could think of off of the top of my head. If there’s a proper terminology feel free to leave a comment and let me know!
- Allow them to cook together scraping up the black bits at the bottom of your pan. They’re packed with yummy flavor.
- Now add your sherry and red wine. Keeping on medium high heat. Keep scraping up any black bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Once your italian sausage is completely cooked, serve over your rice and enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!