PREP TIME: 15 min|COOKING TIME: 3 hrs|TOTAL TIME: 3 hr 15 min|SERVES:4
- 1, 8oz can of crushed tomato sauce
- 3 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tblsp basil
- 1 tblsp oregano
- 1 tblsp garlic
- 1 tblsp onion powder
- 1/2 Tsp thyme
- 1/2 Tsp of rosemary
- 1 tblsp of parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of red cooking wine
- 2 chicken breasts, filleted
- 2 cups of seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- A ball of fresh mozzarella sliced or a package of fresh mozzarella shredded. Either way your dinner will be delicious.
- 3 cups of water
- Grated parmesan to garnish
- 6 tblsp of olive oil
- In a large pot put 2 tablespoons of olive oil, your onion, and garlic. Allow to sautee on medium heat until aromatic.
- Add your can of sauce and fill up that same can with water to add to your sauce. Also add your seasonings and wine.
- Allow your sauce to cook for at least 2 hours stirring occasionally. You’re going to add one cup of water per hour so your sauce doesnt evaporate. After the second hour start prepping your chicken by filleting them.
- Take a bowl and put your egg in there, another bowl or plate for your bread crumbs, and a baking sheet to place your chicken on.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put up a pot of water for your pasta. In our house we love linguine with this dish. Follow the boxed instructions for your pasta and place back in the pot you boiled it in when ready.
- Douse your chicken in the egg, dip in the bread crumbs so both sides are covered, and place on your baking sheet. Repeat until all of your pieces of chicken are ready.
- Take your olive oil and drizzle on top of your chicken. You want both sides covered with olive oil so they get that crispy outside and tender inside.
- Now your pasta should be strained and in the pot. Add a ladle full of your sauce and stir with your pasta.
- Place your chicken in the oven when your sauce has 30 min left. After 10 minutes of cooking flip your chicken, so the other side gets crispy. Take a ladle and spread sine sauce on each of your cutlets then add your mozzarella cheese to the top of your chicken.
- Add another ladle full of your sauce and stir with your pasta.
- Prepare your plates with the pasta, add your chicken, then add your sauce on top, grate freshly grated parmesan on top and a sprinkle of parsley and serve!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!