A family favorite and go to when I have extra bacon to use! I originally had this dish at one of my gfs house, her mother had cooked it for Sunday dinner. It was amazing of course, with the chicken, potato, bacon, and cheese combo who wouldn’t love it?! So I created it myself so my family could share in the delicious recipe and now I’m sharing it with all of you for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home as well!
PREP TIME: 15 min|COOKING TIME: 1 hour|TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 15 min|SERVES: 4
- 2 chicken breasts filleted and diced into chunks
- 5 or 6 russet potatoes diced into chunks
- 1 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled into small pieces
- 2 cups of sharp or mild cheddar either freshly grated or already shredded prepackaged
- 2 tblsp chili powder
- 3 tblsp himalayan salt
- 3 tblsp pepper
- 2 tblsp parsley
- 2 tblsp garlic powder
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Wash and dice your potatoes and place into a bowl. Add your chili powder, parsley, garlic powder, olive oil, 2 tblsp of pepper, 2 tblsp of himalayan salt, and combine.
- Place your potatoes in the oven to bake for about 35 min. Every 10 minutes use a spatula to shuffle them around so they’re cooked all around.
- While they’re cooking, slice your green onions, grate your cheddar cheese, and filet and dice your chicken into chunks.
- Next use the rest of your pepper and himalayan salt to season your chicken. Add more at your discretion.
- Add your chicken to your potatoes.
- Allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle your cheese on top and allow to melt. Then finally add your scallions and bacon. Cook for 2 more minutes to give your onions a bit of a crunch.
- Serve hot with sour cream and ketchup! Enjoy!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!