So it is Sunday and I am making chicken parmesan for dinner with a side of cheesey garlic bread and I was reminded of my first time making garlic bread. How when I was younger I would watch my friends Mom with zero idea what she was using or doing and as I grew into adulthood how I wanted to make everything from scratch. So I looked at different recipes until I had tasted this delightful bread from one of my favorite restaurants. This has been the product of me remaking that bread ever since. Hopefully it will become a staple in your home as well and if it does, don’t forget to tell me about it!
PREP TIME:15 min|COOKING TIME:10 min| TOTAL TIME:25 min|SERVES:4-6
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 loaf of italian bread, sliced
- Freshly grated romano cheese
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 and slice your Italian bread.
- Mix your butter, oil, garlic powder, diced garlic, oregano, and basil.
- Spread your mixture over your sliced garlic bread.
- Bake your slices for 5 minutes.
- Take out your garlic bread and grate your romano and parmesan over your slices as much as desired.
- Put the oven on broil and toast until cheese melts, garnish with parsley and Viola!
Let me know how you liked it, post a photo of how it turned out and #mommyslittleblackapron & @mommyslittleblackapron. Links to my social media are located at the footer of my page. Thank you, talk to you soon!